Easyship is revolutionizing logistics for eCommerce. With our all-in-one cloud based shipping software, businesses of all shapes and sizes have the tools needed to scale globally. At Easyship we believe in accelerating borderless commerce. We’re proud that a diversity of small business owners, crowdfunding campaigns, and global brands trust Easyship as their gateway to the world.
“We envision a frictionless economy where creators can use one platform to ship products to anyone, anywhere. When you grow, we grow.” Tommaso Tamburnotti, Co Founder.
Easyship is building tomorrow’s logistic infrastructure, today. Our team is continuously looking to reach new heights, whether it’s learning about new technologies or improving your own skillset, Easyship is prepared to empower you to grow. We believe that when we inspire each other, we grow together.
Easyship is recruiting brilliant, curious, and driven individuals to help us scale our innovative technology worldwide. Headquartered in New York with offices in London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Melbourne, Toronto, and Taipei – our team is global and growing. We encourage you to apply if a challenge excites you. If you enjoy the company of talented people. If you would dedicate yourself to a simple mission: to make shipping easy for everyone.
We operate with a global footprint, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead, so there is still much to do. Join us and help put borderless commerce within reach of every entrepreneur.
Reports to: Head of Logistics
Location: USA - Remote
This is a remote work assignment.
Internal - Operations & Tech teams
External - Key Clients, Couriers, Freight Forwarding Partners, Warehouse Partners
We’re looking for a candidate with expertise in the trade compliance and parcel delivery fields, to drive the development of our EASYSHIP TRADE COMPLIANCE PROGRAM.
Enable our business to scale by providing accurate compliance guidance. Close partnership and collaboration with our marketplace clients’ compliance teams. Set the right control mechanisms to support ongoing operations and new project launches. Engage with authorities, advocating for Easyship recommended solutions. Set business targets, drive cross-team collaboration, and serve as a safety net on business decisions if compliance requirements are at risk.
· Develop Easyship’s Trade Compliance program to define our strategy, drive and enforce global Trade Compliance processes, seek automation opportunities, and leverage Easyship technology.
· Lead export operations compliance from the USA, including cooperation with the brokers, oversight of Easyship’s ops team and alignment on priorities with internal stakeholders.
· Lead import & export operations compliance for the UK and European regions.
· Prepare compliance papers/written assessments; driving alignment across teams on recommended solution
· Provide support for country and regional projects; our main focus areas are US export, EU import, however the role will evolve to encompass global trade issues.
· Scope and execute special trade and duty optimization programs.
· Drive scalable business solutions to ensure compliance with import regulations in the region.
· Educate internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance on our projects and processes.
· Collaborate with Legal and Tax departments on efforts as necessary.
· Interface with customs regulators as required.
· Collaborate with Easyship’s technology teams to develop scalable Trade Compliance solutions for our business.
· Leverage data to continuously improve compliance at Easyship.
· Proven Trade Compliance experience related to US, EU, and UK Customs Regulations;
· Demonstrated qualifications with TSA security compliance procedures and regulations; work with US Government Agencies including DHS, BIS, DOS & TSA
· Proven experience in project management;
· Strong knowledge on US and EU Trade Compliance laws;
· Strong analytical and computer skills;
· Strong written and oral communication skills;
· Self-motivated, flexible and data driven;
· Ability to monitor and measure results with analytical thinking and program management mindset;
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations;
· Ability to turn complex compliance requirements into scalable solutions;
· Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humour
· Experience with EU & US Tariff Classification;
· Prior experience with parcel shipping or e-commerce fields; work overseeing a CCSF, Denied Party Screening, AES, and AMS compliance a plus
· Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvement;
· Experience working with IT professionals and process improvement techniques such as Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing;
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
Competitive compensation package
Gym & Wellness Reimbursement
Generous Vacation Policy
Duvet Day - Perfect for those cold winter days, when you don’t want to escape the warmth of your bed!
Mental Health Day - You deserve a day off! A chance to recharge and enjoy ‘Me Time’
Flexible working approach
Unlimited Coffee, Drinks & Healthy Snacks
Office PlayStation Games
As we expand, the potential to work in one of our international offices
Annual Summit in Hong Kong for you to collaborate with the team
Dental, Health & Vision Insurance
Dog friendly, become a co-pawrent of the Easyship pooch, and bring your own!
You will have the opportunity to work with a global team, filled with smart, ambitious and like minded colleagues. We have built an inclusive culture which supports and enables you to grow. Come and join the Easyship team!